3.14.2012

Rumpelstiltskin

Do you have any idea what is "Rumpelstiltskin" means?
Or do you know anyone with the name Pumpelstiltskin?
Well, today, I'm gonna tell u a story~

Long ago there lived a miller who had a beautiful daughter.
One day when the King was passing, he stopped to speak to the girl.
The miller was very proud.
"My daughter is not only beautiful but is also the cleverest girl in the kingdom," said the miller
and, trying to impress the king even more, rather foolishly said, "She can spin straw into gold!"
The poor girl could do nothing of the sort.
She was horrified when the king replied,
"Then she must come and spin some gold for me."

The young girl was very frightened when she arrived at the palace the next day.
The king took her into a room full of straw and told her to spin it all into gold and then he left her.
"What shall I do?" she cried.
"I have no idea how to spin straw into gold"

Suddenly, a strange, little man appeared in the room.
"Why are you crying?" he asked.
"The king expects me to spin all this straw into gold and I cannot do it," she cried.
"What will you give me if I do it for you?" asked the little man.
"My precious lockey," replied the girl.

When the king saw all the gold the next morning he sent some more straw and told her to carry on spinning.
"Oh dear, what shall I do?" cried the girl.
The strange, little man appeared again and said he would do it if she gave him her ring.
So he did.

The little man took the ring and sat spinning all night long.
When morning came every bit of straw had been spun into shining gold thread.
Then once more he disappeared.

The king was delighted when he saw the huge pile of gold and said,
"If you spin another pile of straw into gold, I will marry you."

When the king had gone, the strange, little man appeared for the third time.
" What will you give me this time?" he asked.
" I have nothing left to give you," said the girl.
"I will spin for you if you promise to give me your first child when you are queen,"
said the little man.
The girl promised, so the little man spun the straw into gold again.
When the king saw the gold the next morning he married the miller's daughter.
After a year had passed the queen had a beautiful baby.
She had forgotten the strange, little man until he appeared to claim the baby.

"Please do not take my baby," cried the queen.
"If you can guess my name I will not take your baby," said the little man.

---to be continue---

0 comments:

Post a Comment